- Old habits reappear
- Life becomes about reacting instead of acting
- Activities that bring us pleasure drop on our list of priorities
- Survival begins to trump living fully
- I have fallen into the "I'll be happy...when" trap
- I have been letting my emotions be controlled by the ups and downs of dealing with insurance companies and all of the physicians
- I have all but stopped writing
- I anxiously count the days and weeks instead of living in the moment
How do we let ourselves do this so easily?
I think it is easy for me because I have expectations of how life "should" be. Occasionally during these times, I am reminded that it is my expectations that set the trap. Instead of being frustrated by external drivers, I am working on embracing each beautiful moment knowing that what I am looking for is not external. It is inside my heart and my soul and has indeed always been.