Sunday, November 14, 2010

NOT A BIG FAN OF WEEKENDS, SOMETIMES!


In general, people look forward to the weekend. I guess that is why everyone knows what TGIF means. Friday comes and it is like all of the responsibilities and burdens of the week melt away and we are free. The weekends are filled with laughs, good times with friends and family, and just plain old down time. Monday is only thought about with dread.

For some, including me, sometimes the weekends are the worst thing that can happen. I am not saying that there are not some weekends that are so fun filled that you can't help but enjoy them. But for me, sometimes the weekend means alone time. Most people dream of stealing a few hours of alone time where their every waking moment is not being demanded by someone or something. I was so looking forward to that myself for Saturday morning.

We have had a couple of weeks of what has felt like non-stop activity. As much as I enjoyed all of the go, go, do, do, it wears thin eventually. It leaves me in utter exhaustion. I then find myself dreaming of a few hours alone. But for me, that is probably the worst possible "therapy". I have not left the house for 48 hours. Now I find myself dreaming about Monday. When Monday comes, I have responsibility. When Monday comes, I have accountability. When Monday comes, I don't have to be alone in my head.

It may not be normal to feel that way. Or it may be normal and no one admits it because we are all supposed to love the weekends. Who knows? All I know is that for me, when life slows down too much and my responsibilities are too few, I find myself feeling very alone and very sad. If I feel this way after just 48 hours, I can't imagine how people are going to feel this holiday season when they find themselves alone during what is supposed to be a happy, jolly season.

Kind of a dark post, but I am kind of in a dark place tonight. Tomorrow will be Monday and the responsibilities of the week will be upon me. So I suspect that I will be much more enlightened then. Thanks for reading!

They say that there is such a thing as "too much of a good thing." I believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and appreciated.