Wednesday, November 10, 2010

JUST DON'T GET IT

We all make mistakes. We have in the past. We probably did today. We definitely will in the future. I understand that. Furthermore, I appreciate that. We grow by making mistakes and learning from those mistakes. What I don't understand is how you can intentionally, purposefully use and hurt other people and be able to lay your head down at night.

Now, please don't misunderstand my words. I am truly coming from a place of confusion and frustration. I do not write these words from some balcony looking down. I make my fair share of mistakes and bad decisions. Actually, I make more than my fair share. But when I settle down at the end of the day, I usually have to come to some kind of reconciliation in my mind about my actions. I know I am over-analytical and spend way too much time thinking things through. Maybe that is why it is so hard for me to understand how someone can spend ZERO time thinking about their choices and actions.

I guess by now you are wondering what in the world I am talking about. I don't want to give details to protect the privacy of the people involved. However, I will say it is a story played out over and over again. Someone is in a relationship for the sole reason of taking advantage of the other person. They walk all over the other persons feelings over and over again. Even worse, they exploit the other person's kind heart and generous spirit. Now I am all about choices and taking responsibility for your own actions. I understand, that somehow that person is also having some kind of payoff for being in the relationship. I also understand that that person should say enough is enough and walk away. But how can anyone look themselves in the mirror after not once not twice but many, many times devastating another human being. I just don't get it.

So now that I have gotten that off my chest, I can move on to more positive thoughts. If there are people in your life that you love, please take the time to tell them. And if you are in relationships where you are not being loved (like every human being deserves), then find the courage to LOVE YOURSELF enough to move on. Life is too short to settle for anything less.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and appreciated.