Saturday, December 4, 2010

MONEY AND CHRISTMAS


After an extended absence, it sure feels good to be back to writing the blog. I have been recovering from a "virus." Four weeks of symptoms was all it took for the doctor to finally give me an antibiotic. I am finally feeling better!

Christmas is right around the corner! Oh my goodness, I can not believe how fast this year has passed. When I was younger, I always heard my parents talk about how fast time goes. I thought they were crazy. As a child, the time just stood still waiting for Christmas. Surprise! They were right. I know they love hearing me say that!


Like 2009, this year has still been difficult for many people. I expect Christmas giving will be smaller than just a few years before. I know that is true for my family. Please remember that gifts are just stuff and things. Stuff does not replace what people truly want to feel. We can find ways to show our love without spending tons of money. Be careful this holiday season and do not over extend yourself. We want 2011 to start brighter and better for everyone!

However, please do not forget to give to those who are not lucky enough to have the option to buy anything. There are those that are unable to afford basic needs such as shelter, clothing, and food. These people are not the leeches on society that so many people believe them to be. Check back with me in the next few days. I am going to share with you a very, personal story that I hope will make you see giving in a whole different light. As always, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and appreciated.