Friday, December 10, 2010

WHERE ARE MY FLIP FLOPS?!?

They say you can't run away from your problems. They say they only follow you. I guess I would have to agree.

HOWEVER, I am huge believer in putting some distance between yourself and your situation. Sometimes it is only with distance that clarity will come. I think the appropriate saying is "You can't see the forest for the trees." To be able to see my forest, I usually head to the beach.

When I spend time by the ocean, my clarity comes and life seems much less complicated. Is it the sound? Is it the smell of the salty air? Is it the feel of the sand between my toes? I don't know. Maybe it is all of the above. I am sure there are lots of things written about the peace you can find by the seashore. All I know is that it works for me. My seaside visits always put my life and my situations in perspective.

So, I am off to the beautiful Gulf Coast with my husband. I am stepping out of my little world. Knowing that when I return, things will look much brighter. So as East Tennessee prepares for snow, I am searching for my flip flops! Stay tuned for updates on my seaside discoveries! As always, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and appreciated.