Thursday, March 11, 2010

Your Public Library

Ralph and I went to the library yesterday.  It has been quite some time since we have visited the library.  We went with the intention of doing some research on small business management.  We ended up leaving the library with two huge bags of books.  I have forgotten how intoxicating the library can be.  I love sitting on the floor and looking through random books from the shelves.  I could have stayed in the library for hours.  Ralph, on the other hand, would have preferred being ANYWHERE but the library.  But thank God for my husband who supports me in whatever I do.

As we left, I realized that I rely on the internet for nearly all the things that used to take me to the library.  It is a great convenience, but it is kind of sad.  Will my future grandchildren ever visit the local library?  I sure hope so.  A computer, MP3 player, or an electronic reader will never feel as good as sitting in the floor at your local library.  I know that I found lots of very interesting books that I can't wait to read!

1 comment:

  1. When my kids were little we would go to the library once a week, they each had their own library card. They would each leave with their own bag full of books!
    They are all still avid readers today....

    And the library budget is always one of the first ones cut by many cities as money gets tighter.

    SheilaC

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and appreciated.